Published: Monday, January 9, 2018
Official Rules: 2018 CES Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. Innovation & Tech Today 2018 CES Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to residents of the United States (except Rhode Island) only, who are age 18 years or older and have reached the age of majority in their state of residency at the time of entry. Only one (1) entry per person will be accepted with the exception of the Bonus entries (5) for taking a selfie with our magazine or at the Innovation & Tech Today Pavilion, LVCC #18215 and posting to us on social media channels. Employees (and their dependents and immediate household members) of Innovative Properties Worldwide, Inc., (“Sponsor”), Consumer Technology Association (CTA) , CES® 2018, their advertising and promotional agencies, and sponsoring companies are not eligible to participate. Void in Rhode Island and where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
2. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes begins on January 9, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time and all entries must be transmitted online no later than January 15, 2018 at 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
3. How to Enter.
Twitter: Follow us, tweet us, and use #CESPrizePack and #CES2018
Facebook: Like us, comment to us with #CESPrizePack and #CES2018
Instagram: Follow us, with #CESPrizePack and #CES2018 in your comments.
YouTube: Subscribe to our channel
Earn bonus entries by taking a selfie with our magazine, or at the Innovation & Tech Today Pavilion, LVCC #18215, post to social media and receive 5 Bonus entries.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with CTA, CES® 2018, or any outside social media platform.
4. Prizes/Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) in U.S. Dollars. Over $2500 in technology from our partners to be awarded! Including Visit Redding Hotel+Entertainment Package, Muzik Headphones, I&T Today branded phone-chargers, Smart home technology, Multi-port device charging hub and Innovation & Tech Today subscriptions. One Grand Prize will be awarded, as well as Ten (10) consolation prizes will also be awarded, consisting of one (1) full year print+digital subscription to Innovation & Tech Today, delivered to your home or place of business (APR: $39.99).
5. Drawing/Odds/Notification. A random drawing for the Grand Prize as well as second place prizes will be held on or around January 15, 2018. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Limit one prize per person. Winners will be notified by phone, email, or direct message via social media handle on or around January 15, 2018.
6. Prize Restrictions. No cash equivalent or prize substitution permitted. All prizes subject to the guarantees/warranties of the manufacturer. Any applicable federal, state, and/or local taxes are the responsibility of the winner. For prizes of $600 or more in value, winner’s Taxpayer I.D. will be required to issue a Form 1099-MISC showing prize ARV as income.
7. Validation and Acceptance. Winner(s) in the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing. The potential winner(s) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, publicity release, and Release of Liability within fourteen (14) days of notification. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period, if the potential winner is ineligible, if any notification is non-deliverable, or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that Prize, and if time permits, an alternate winner will be randomly drawn from among all remaining Sweepstakes entries.
8. Winners List. For a list of winners, see the Innovation & Tech Today Facebook page (Facebook @InnovationAndTechToday or on our website (www.innotechtoday.com) after January 15, 2018, or send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Innovation & Tech Today 2018 CES Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes Winners List, Innovative Properties Worldwide, Inc. 3400 East Bayaud Ave, Suite 280 Denver, CO 80209. (Residents of FL, VT, and WA may send a self-addressed envelope without the stamp.) Requests for Winners List must be received by January 30, 2018.
9. Limitations of Liability. Sponsor and Consumer Technology Association, CES® 2018, any outside social media platform, are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (ii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (v) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes; (vi) any change in participant’s telephone number, mailing address or email address. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes at any time if a computer virus, bug tampering, unauthorized intervention, or other technical problem of any sort corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the website, or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to release and hold Sponsor, CTA, CES® 2018, any outside social media platform or IPW or the companies furnishing prizes or their employees, officers, and directors, their advertising and promotional agencies, and sponsoring companies harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
10. Additional Terms. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these official rules and all decisions of Sponsor. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Colorado USA, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees, (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits, may be awarded (collectively, “special damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim special damages and all rights to such damages multiplied or increased. Colorado law, without reference to choice of law rules, governs the Sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto.
11. Sponsor. Sponsored by Innovative Properties Worldwide, Inc. 3400 East Bayaud Ave, Suite 280 Denver, CO 80209.